Friday, February 04, 2005

Nothing Exploded

I finally worked up the nerve to get out the fisherman wool Mom bought me for Christmas, and the Kool-Aid packets that I bought months ago and try to do something with them. I'm not too sure about the results, but nothing caught fire or felted, despite some ominous popping sounds from the microwave. Once I get some different colors, the kids and I are going to try it again.



They're both anxious to try mixing their own colors, so I've promised that we can dye yarn and I'll knit it into mittens or hats or something.

I'm tempted to see what happens if I experiment nasty stuff my husband's been drinking lately. It's so so SO blood red, even when it's diluted into something supposedly drinkable. That can't be good for his insides, but I bet it'd make some gorgeous yarn!

1 comment:

luvs2knit said...

Michelle,
I'm a member of knitparents and I love to Kool-aid dye as it is always interesting to see the different colors. Remember, everytime you do it, you never get the same color as the last time you did it. I love the color that you created and you'll become addicted to the process.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails