Thursday, April 14, 2005

Some days, it's easy to be happy. Just look at what I've got next to me while I write this in the front seat of my car and my little girl learns new ways to kick people and keep them from kicking her:



The box itself is pretty exciting. I've still got visions of endless knitted bags, but for sitting and knitting in the car, this works a lot better. No more needles getting caught in something else and sliding loose from the stitches.

There's my springy Clapotis, which has been a bit neglected lately because I've been learning how to work a short row heel and wrap the stitches.

Do you see the socks? I'm just a few rounds of k2p2 ribbing away from a real, functional pair that fits my son's feet. Suddenly a lot more of what I've been reading on Socknitters over the past couple of years makes sense, and I'm not nearly as intimidated by my pretty skeins of Opal. And I've got an actual reason to buy more self patterning yarn because I CAN KNIT SOCKS!

I'd have finished them and restarted my Lolita Toes if it wasn't for the new book. I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of At Knit's End since the day it came out and now that I've finally got one, I can't get over how cute it is. Smaller than I expected, a great size for toting around from room to room. I've seen the cover art dozens of times but I never realized that it was a knitted road stretching toward a big sunny ball of yarn there on the horizon. What a great image! (That title sounds a bit ominous though, like the knitting might someday stop.)

I've only read the introduction and a few pages from the middle -- just enough to convince myself it's as much fun as I'd hoped it would be -- because I hate to use it all up. For a crazy moment, I even considered rationing it out, reading one page each time I finished a new projects, but that's just an insane idea.

I even had a good parking spot right in front of the door, so I could watch class through the window.

Here's the plan for tomorrow:

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Nice travel idea for the knitting. I usually only tow along socks because they are so portable, but it would be nice to take along bigger projects every once in a while too. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails