Thursday, February 08, 2007

baby 003


Pattern: Lion Brand Hooded Baby Poncho
Yarn: 1 1/2 skeins Caron Simply Soft, Embroidery Print
Needles: size 8 bamboo circulars

I definitely like it better now that it's done. I left off the pocket -- partly because I don't think it'd show up against the wild colors and partly because I was ready to be done. The hood could be a bit deeper, but you know I'd rather knit another one from start to finish than rip out and fix this one.

As I was weaving in the ends, I remembered two different yarns in my stash that I could've used instead. Oh well, the embroidery print is mostly gone, and it was supposed to be baby stuff. I can make a bigger poncho for Quinn with the goldish-brown cotton if I really want to. Maybe I should swatch and see if that yarn can handle cables well.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That is really cute. Your little one is definitely a baby model! Great work!

Pat said...

Oh Michelle - that is the cutest little hooded poncho - I love it in the bright variegated yarn - I think you made the perfect yarn choice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails