Tuesday, March 27, 2007

We went up to Woodland Woolworks and I got birthday yarn! There's a skein of laceweight merino waiting to become Gerda, a little cone of laceweight Paris linen waiting to become one of the scarves from Victorian Lace Today, and a skein of Tofutsies waiting to become that sock pattern with the diagonal lines of yarn-overs that go across the top of the foot, as soon as I can either find the copy I printed out or remember the name so I can Google it again! And I got Stahman's Shawls & Scarves, which I've checked out from the library over and over and over again.

blog 052


There were a couple of other things I really wanted, but I was distracted by the headache that's been trying to eat through my skull since Friday nigt, a small child who kept darting right between me and the yarn I was trying to look at, and another small child who wanted to discuss the price of lacweight merino and whether she should spend her birthday money on a skein of it and wasn't paying any attention to my answers. So I didn't get the Regia Bamboo or the gorgeous mustardy-yellow Zephyr because I wasn't together enough to figure out how to get it into my arms along with the baby and the other stuff. How pathetic is that?

I absolutely love the yarn that did make it home with us and there's a chance that I'll be able to "fix" my mistake tomorrow if things go well. Was I allowed to buy myself birthday yarn, or does that break the Knit from Your Stash rules? I could count is as yarn that Bill would've bought me if my hands weren't full...

After almost three months of not buying any yarn/fabric/goodies, I'm not going to stress too much about the details!

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Birthday yarn does not count. You just saved him a trip to the LYS.
Not pathetic at all, you were multi-tasking to the max and I know I am still waiting for that third arm to grow. Happy Birthday!

Sarah said...

I can't wait to get started on knitting a Victorian Lace Today pattern too. But I keep changing my mind which one to do. I'm so pleased that you are thinking about knitting Gerda.

AlisonH said...

You live near Woodland Woolworks!? They have been on my list of LYSs that I've wanted to see in person for a very long time. Very cool. And no, you're not allowed to feel guilty about birthday yarn: enjoy it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails