Sunday, April 29, 2007

Yarn lies.

At the old house and here, right after we moved in and all of my stuff was still neatly packed away in the corners of the sewing room, I managed to convince myself that I didn't have that much yarn. It was all hiding quietly in its plastic drawers and bins, and in the cupboard under the coffee table, and at the foot of the stairs that lead up to our attic.

I knew where it all was, and I was sure there wasn't too terribly much of it. I went for a pretty long stretch without buying much, then when I got some money that I could justifiably spend on yarn, I did.

I knitted from my stash for the first three months of 2007 with absolutely no cheating and was feeling pretty good about my need for more yarn.

Then I started to clean up the mess in the sewing room. I bought a bunch of those Zip-Lock Big Bags and started sorting yarn into them -- one for sock yarn, one for dishcloth cotton, a really really big one for all of that acrylic I've bought to make sweaters for the kids...

I've got a scary amount of yarn here! And a sneaking suspicion that "What the heck is this and why on earth did I buy it?" isn't the best attitude to have towards my yarn stash. I did figure out why I'd bought a skein of lime green Supersaver and what I'm going to do with it, but for a moment I had myself worried.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hee hee, I hear ya! I'm getting there myself :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails