Thursday, December 27, 2007

In case I had any doubts about it being December, the DVD player doesn't like the kids' brand new DVDs -- or the other DVDs that I know should work. And the microwave doesn't seem to come on at all -- but even though it doesn't light up or make microwave noises, the food gets hot. Needles to say, I'm now terrified of the thing!

And the kids have been playing a three day game of "How far can we push Mommy before she winds up in a padded room?"

On the bright side, microwaves and DVD players are relatively inexpensive (at least compared to new wells and month long hospital stays) and I seem to have won the game with the kids by sending them to bed early.

And I've got my own Christmas toys...



That's enough sock yarn for six pairs, two new sock knitting books, and a set of Harmony DPNs. Not pictured are Knitting Nature, a bunch of quilting notions, and enough fabric for an entire quilt. Or the wonderful surprises from Bill that I'll be posting about later.

And when I signed into Ravelry last nigt, there was a message asking permission to use my picture on the pattern page for Garter Stitch Stripes. Which probably isn't a big deal, but it makes me feel like a "real" Ravelry member.

And I stayed up late with my Mystery Stole...

HPIM1466


I can't decide whether to shorten it or keep going as written. If I shorten it, I get to do the short rows and wing quicker. If I don't shorten it, and it winds up as long and unweildly as the Rose Garden Stole, I'll be really annoyed.

After reading through the Ravelry thread on lengthening/shortening, I'm as confused as ever. Maybe I should just got knit on the thing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails