Sunday, January 27, 2008

That snow they were predicting actually did get here -- eleven inches in our back yard according to my husband. I'm not planning on going out myself, so I'll take his word for it. My plan is to stay inside where it's warm and cross my fingers that no idiot drives into a pole and knocks out the power. Because if the power goes, the water goes, and then the pipes freeze... I'll just keep my fingers crossed and try not to think too hard about the possibilities!



As soon as I got that sweater for Heath done, I cast on a new one for Alex. Two and a half days later, I've got the front and back and most of one sleeve done. If I can figure out the math, I'd like to do something like this for myself with that lacey rib stitch pattern from the Quickie Cowls.



I finished my first mile of yarn this afternoon, way ahead of schedule and despite the fact that life kept eating up my knitting time. It was fun keeping track of how much yarn I used, so I think I'm going to keep it up for the rest of the year and see what the grand total is. Miles are a lot less depressing than grams! At least until I added up my stash and figured out how many miles of yarn I've got...that was scary.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails