Monday, April 07, 2008

It's been quite a while since any of the free patterns at Elann really made my heart go pitty-pat. Then today I saw the Voyager Lace Stole in their organic cotton. I love its first incarnation, but the stitch pattern looks so intricate and snuggly (can you have both at the same time?) and wonderful in the heavier yarn I can't stand it.

And there's the Luna Peacock Plumes Bolero. But there's no Luna on the web site -- not until next month. Personally, I think it's cruel to make me decide to knit a project and then refuse to even let me know what the suggested yarn is going to cost. I'm thinking I could use Calista, but I'll wait until the Luna is up to see if those colors are more tempting.

So since I'm going to wait for the Luna, I bought three skeins of Simply Soft Heathers that I could use for a Voyager Stole. Or a baby sweater if the stole doesn't work out. Either way works for me.

I finished the first Smore sock and it's decent. The yarn changed color every round, forming very narrow, very distinct stripes of brown and grey and white so I used a subtle all-over cable pattern. I think I like it. The sock is a bit snug, but not bad enough that I want to reknit it.



Now that I'm halfway done with the Smores socks and almost completely done with the Sorta Swirly O Socks, it seemed like a good time to open my first personal sock club bag. It's solid green Elann Sock it to Me and after looking through Sentational Knitted Socks and Socks Socks Socks (because those were the two books on the coffee table at the time.)

I settled on the Vine Lace Socks from Socks Socks Socks and cast on for them this morning. I'm following the pattern as written and doing them top down because suddenly heel flaps and gussets seem awuflly intricate looking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails