Thursday, June 17, 2010

quilting helps

I knew that some quilting time would help my mood, but knowing something will work is easier than finding the time and enthusiasm to actually do it.

This afternoon I still didn't feel like it, but I made myself finish the last three rounds (I suppose they're actually borders, but I don't like borders and if it was a shawl, they'd be rounds) of the new blue baby quilt --



And I decided to see what these 8 1/2" blocks would look like set on point, which required making eighteen of them so I'd have something to to set.



I really do like them this way, and it didn't take that much longer than setting them in straight rows.

Now I'm piecing blocks for another idea I thought up while digging through 2 1/2" squares for those blocks, and another planned for after that...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails