Sunday, July 11, 2010

fabulous accomodations

Bonnie posted a gorgeous picture of where she was staying in Sisters. So did Lori and Spicewood Quilting Diva, and I'm sure there must be lots of others. With every hotel room and campsite in that part of the state booked months and months in advance, there just have to be!

So I decided to share a picture of my own fabulous accommodations from Friday night, carefully staged not to include the two inflatable mattresses and four sleeping bags my children were using.



I called dibs on that concrete floor last year right after my parents told us they'd bought property in La Pine. (The cot was an unexpected bonus and meant I didn't have to share an inflatable mattress with my two preschoolers.) Dad offered to take all three of the boys with him for the day.

Which made it my first quilt show without the kids, about a decade before I expected it to happen. I was not staying home.

The quilt show was a totally different experience from my rented wheelchair. (It probably also helped that I wasn't chasing three little boys in three different directions.)



I couldn't read the tags without getting up and walking over to them, so I missed out on the "read the tags on every quilt that caught my fancy" chunk of the kidless quilt show fantasy. To my surprise, I was able to see the quilting on most of the quilts.

This is the one that's haunting me today --



I want it! Or my own version of it, which would be more of a throw size, with 1" finished squares and slightly different log cabins... I'd be cutting pieces today if it wasn't so hot and if I was able to quilt.

What's this one? I thought it was fifty-four forty or fight, but I looked up that block when we got home and this is something else.Whatever it was, there were a bunch of them this year.



I'm glad I went and I'm brimming with ideas, but today I'm exhausted.

2 comments:

Camilla said...

That last one looks like 'faceted jewels'.

Anonymous said...

Knowing the jargon will help you decipher the important from unimportant when looking for pool sticksBut what difference does it make?Every guitar teacher knows that the students who start off with a bad instrument are either going to have to replace it at some point[url=http://www.BrettKeiselJersey.net]Brett Keisel Authentic Jersey[/url]
or will probably quitreply:hover > span background-position: -16px 3px; p The models and musical talent are preparing for the broadcast on Twitter:Madonna tickets6metadata span
ï»?Inoculants should be kept in cool dry areas away from direct sunlight You could choose to download tournament software to help you on your predictions[url=http://www.BobbyWagnerJersey.com]Bobby Wagner Womens Jersey[/url]
or visit websites such as sportsgambling Key responsibilities should be assigned with clarity and an expectation of accountability However[url=http://www.BruceIrvinJersey.com]Bruce Irvin Womens Jersey[/url]
both McGraw and Hill have stated that they're Tennessee Titans fans The MergeNoByerror option will not let user create such data set Orders can come back in bulk quantities delivered by articulated tanker and smaller deliveries will be as small as a litre barrel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails