Thursday, March 31, 2011

I finally made a video!



I've written before about how quickly the Go! cutter can turn a couple of thrifted cotton sheets into pieces for a two color quilt, and now I've made a video to show you how it works. Tear the sheets into strips, run them through the cutter, and you're ready to start piecing a quilt.

If you've read my blog before, you can probably tell that that's not my sewing room in the video. It's my mother's. She was nice enough to let me use her room (and her sewing machine) and hold my camera. And my father was nice enough to keep the boys downstairs with him.

8 comments:

The Quiltwhinny said...

Wow! I've always liked that pattern because of its simplicity, but never knew how easy it would be to create. Thanks for explaining it so well!

Helen in the UK said...

It was lovely to see most of you in the video ... shame we never got to see your head!! Great demo though :)

Anonymous said...

Nice! This would make a great duvet cover.

pammiejayne said...

you used two thrift sheets! how interesting and so much cheaper than paying for expensive quilting fabric,i love the pattern you demonstrated, the salmon pink and white quilt is beautiful, did you buy the sheet that colour? or did you dye it...a great video, thank you for sharing.

Lovie said...

Thanks for this informative video. Just got this die.

ashiecat1954 said...

Wow! Can't believe how easy this block is! Love your video - you make it seem so easy. And it looks like both your color choices are good ones!

Anonymous said...

I cannot watch videos due to very slow download speed. Do you have any instructions, even basic ones? I love this pattern, but I don't even know what it called to look it up!
Thanks!

Suze said...

Which dies did you use for the Two Color Quilt? I had a bit of trouble understanding that information in the video. Thanks. Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails