Thursday, April 07, 2011

If I knew how to use power tools...

I'd make myself a clock.

But I don't have the nerve to touch those things, and even if I did, they're my husband's and I don't mess with his expensive toys without permission. Permission would require explanations. And explanations would lead to questions and it's probably just better if I stick with my own fun toys.

Our kitchen is on hold again, but I'm still browsing for 1920s kitchen decor. Today, I found The Dilletante Proprietor. Wow! I think this is going to be one of those blogs that I read from first post to last.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suspect the huge clocks are going to look dated rather quickly - there's not enough substance to that trend to age well. To me, any of those would be like living with a stage prop.

I think the project could be saved by being functional (harder than it looks, since the little movements they sell to crafters need very lightweight arms) or by bringing out more of the inherent beauty of the materials (a carving, stain and polish job to bring out natural wear on the wood).

Lisa said...

Hi Michelle! I am so glad you stopped by The Dilletante Proprietor! Thank you for your mention! Brought a big smile to my face! You love 1920's decor too? My kitchen is a mix only because it only has what I could find! Can I ask what you are looking for? You never know, if all us bloggers stick together, maybe we could swap some things! or donate to the free, recycle, re-use movement! I have been reading more and more about friends getting together and bringing items, like a garage sale but it is private and they swap them instead of selling...it totally intrigues me! why couldn't we do it in blog land? Let me know what you think...oh, and the noise of power tools? Drives me to nail biting...but they are useful! I have a drill, a screw gun and such but I am with you! no table saws...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails