Saturday, March 31, 2012

NewFOs - March Update

NewFO2012


Barbara had a great idea when she came up with the NewFO challenge. We're supposed to start a new project each month.

March's NewFo is a scrappy Irish Chain, using the same instructions I used for the brown one. Except I didn't save the instructions, so I've had to measure my finished quilt and do some guessing. All of the two inch squares are cut and half of the blocks are pieced. I really didn't expect it to go together this quickly. There are ten or twelve more blocks here than I had done when I showed this project earlier this week.



I'm still making happy progress on the drab postage stamps I started for February. Almost half of the blocks for that one are pieced. I did have enough squares cut, but I keep stealing them for the Quilt Square Quilt Along, so I should cut some more while there's still time to get them randomly distributed in the blocks.

The Log Cabin Spiral hasn't changed at all since the last time I showed it back in January.

What am I starting in April? I'm thinking the Garden Club Quilt, but I've got some other stuff I need to get finished up first. And I need to buy yards and yards of fusible web and start digging out good garden fabrics...

6 comments:

KaHolly said...

Michelle, I thought the brown one was beautiful, but this random scrappy takes the cake. I love scrappy, and I'm loving this. You have inspired me to make one when I'm home and among my stash! I haven't made an Irish Chain in years, but they were all planned and coordinated. I've since become a scrap-a-holic and this quilt of yours is more beautiful than all of my coordinated Irish Chains put together!! Can't wait to see it finished!! ~karen

Needled Mom said...

It is just gorgeous! I have always loved that pattern.

Barbara said...

I love this. I'm especially fond of the Irish Chain. I've only made it up in a doll quilt, but I'm thinking seriously about making a larger one.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very pretty and great use of scraps - nicely done.

Sue Daurio said...

that is incredible! Love the scrappy look.

Vivian said...

I love Irish Chain quilts, scrappy quilts and Bonnie's techniques so this one wins my heart!

Had to go back and read about the brown one too since you mentioned it and I like that one too. What's the plan for binding on this one: scrappy or one fabric? Whatever it is, keep doing what you're doing, it looks good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails