Monday, April 02, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Extra Scrappy Pinwheels

I gave away the first Extra Scrappy Pinwheels quilt after reading this post, by Diane at Dew Quilting. There wasn't enough time right then to make a second quilt, and I had plenty of red triangles, so I told myself that I'd make my own quilt later.

And I did get all of the red and white triangles assembled into pinwheels and borders before I realized that I hadn't set aside enough white border strips and had probably used up the rest of that white fabric in other projects.



Last week, I found what was left of the white mystery thing. When I bought it at an estate sale, I thought it was folded white muslin. When I got it home, the white muslin turned out to be an unfinished garment. I'm guessing it was a baptism robe (and I don't feel sacrilegious for using it, because is was obviously never finished and used).

There was more than enough for the border strips I needed, but now that I've got the top done, I have no clue where I put my backing fabric. Otherwise the whole quilt would be done by now. And thank goodness it isn't, because I just proofread this post and saw that one of my borders is going the wrong way!

There's a free tutorial for Extra Scrappy Pinwheels. I did a slightly different outer border for the second one, but it uses the same number of triangles. To check out more design walls, visit Judy at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

beaquilter said...

this quilt looks cute, the post link doesn't show a quilt like this though...

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. I always put things in "safe" places to never be found again!!!

Mary said...

I really like that. Red is my favorite color but I have yet to make a red and white quilt. Someday.

Check out my post tomorrow for an idea how to keep track of everything for one project.

marcella said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loses things in the sewing room! The top is adorable and will be even cuter when the borders all face the same direction.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails