Sunday, September 23, 2012

a honeybee did not fly up my skirt

I was cleaning up the car yesterday, taking some trash to the garbage can, when I felt a sharp little pain just above my tailbone. It couldn't have been a bee sting. I'd brushed up against a stray blackberry thorn. That or I was imagining it.

Then I sat down in the car. That one was definitely a sting.

I had a yellow jacket up my skirt. The difference between honeybees and yellow jackets is that yellow jackets can sting more than once. And apparently their stings itch a whole lot more.

Weekly Stash Report


I added a wonderful lot of fabric this week -- about 260 yards, judging by the weight of the bags. And that's after Grandma went through and pulled out everything that wasn't cotton. I would've loved to have seen that garage sale for myself, but I'll be happy with the fabric, which seems to be mostly the small scale prints I love for my scrap quilts. I can't wait to start playing with it, but I've got a couple of deadlines to meet before I let myself get distracted by pretty new colors.

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 42 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 277 yards
Added Year to Date: 440 yards
Net Added for 2012: 397.25 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 830 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 3900 yards
Net Added for 2012: 3070 yards


To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

Needled Mom said...

OUCH!!!! Ding dang...that can't be fun.

Charlene S said...

You forgot to add that they are meaner than Honeybees.

Jennifer said...

Wow - that's quite a find! Hope you enjoy going through the fabric much more than the yellow jacket enjoyed going up your skirt!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I think you won the prize for most fabric added this week! LOL.

Hubby is allergic to bees and we panic like a little girl when he sees one! That is really funny!

glen

krisgray said...

That tale just gave me the heebie-jeebies! Wow! What a haul of scraps - have fun!

Kathy said...

So sorry... I hate yellow jackets! But I hope you enjoy going through your new fabric.

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow! I thought I added fabric this week, but you win the prize :*) Looks like some great fabrics in those bags - Yum!!! Hope your yellow jacket stings heal & stop itching soon!!!

Kate said...

Try benadryl for the itching, it works wonders for horsefly stings.

Denise :) said...

I *hate* yellow jackets! I know, it's a strong word, but they are mean-spirited little suckers (or, errrrr...stingers?!). Hope you aren't itching for long!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails