Wednesday, September 05, 2012

it's a jungle in here



We've been having evening visitors lately. The apple trees are full of fruit and the deer have rediscovered them. I've got to wonder what this guy thought of the noises coming from inside the house.

Tarzan Escapes was in full swing and the volume on our old television had crept up enough that those lions were really loud. Do deer not care about African lions? (I assume they must care about the local variety!) Or are they able to tell human voices from the sounds on television? Anytime we spoke above a whisper, he'd stop and turn his head in our direction. The screams from the movie, he ignored completely.

Suddenly, I'm on a Tarzan kick. We watched the handful of movies that were on AMC, and now that those have run out, I'm ordering the rest from Netflix. And I've downloaded the books to my Kindle. It all started with a documentary Bill was watching. And then the kids drug out the animated Disney version.

Life's been busy, so I'm starting some projects that I can work on in quick spurts of time. I'm loving the baby hats, but it seems like as soon as I cast on and figure out what I'm doing, it's time to start planning the next one.

Stockinette socks seem like a good plan for the next couple of weeks.



1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

I guess the apples are worth it!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails