Saturday, November 03, 2012

back to Hocuspocusville

I couldn't tell you how long it's been since I did any stitching on Hocuspocusville, not without looking it up.  I stopped working on it because I hadn't traced another house yet and didn't want to finish this one before I had a new one to start. 

Is that the absolute dumbest excuse for procrastination ever?


I didn't realize how silly I was being until after I'd traced the third house. This one is the broom sales-witch's lot and has a lot less detail than the house I've been stitching. Lots of long, gently curved lines, perfect for late nights when I want to work on something but not concentrate on tiny details. 


I've decided that I should have two houses going at once, one with challenging bits and one with relaxing bits. And if I finish 'em both before tracing the next house, that's fine too.

This post is linked to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

5 comments:

Denise :) said...

Smart plan. I procrastinate for silly reasons like that, too. All too frequently, I'm afraid. *sigh* You haven't, by chance, gotten a package in the mail from me yet, have you? Just checking! :)

Anonymous said...

looking good,well done.xx

Allie said...

That is just the cutest pattern! I have four stitcheries going on right now, all different, I just do whichever one I feel like doing at the moment. *G*

Deb A said...

It sounds perfectly logical to me! I tend to have different quilting projects so that I can pick the one I am in the mood for.

Quilter Kathy said...

I do that all the time with stitchery. If it is too detailed, I have to be in a certain frame of mind to concentrate, and need to do either an easier stitchery or another handwork project. These are such fun blocks...so glad you are working on another one!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails