Friday, April 19, 2013

Let's Make Baby Quilts! {week 16}

Meet Laura! She's my first yellow and white baby quilt. When I started choosing fabrics, I was worried that there might not be enough contrast between the prints and the white background. Some of these yellows are pretty pale and I thought they might not stand out enough.
 
I love, love, love the way it came out. So much that there might be another yellow and white baby quilt very soon.
 

You can find the tutorial for this baby quilt in yesterday's post, and I've added all of the other Let's Make Baby Quilt tutorials to the sidebar.

Let's Make Baby Quilts Linky Party Rules:

Link directly to your post or specific Flickr photo. Your post can be about a baby quilt that's finished, or in progress, or you can be writing about what you have planned, but it's got to be about baby quilts. While we're still gathering steam, you're welcome to link to baby quilt posts that aren't brand new, but please don't submit the same post or picture more than once. I'd love it if you linked back to my site, either with a text link or the Let's Make Baby Quilts! button.




9 comments:

Gail said...

I had a goal of finishing 4 baby quilts this month. This challenge may be just the reminder I needed to get busy!

audrey said...

Oooh, this is quite lovely! I love the yellow and white. So soft and gentle. :)

Lorna McMahon said...

Returning the visit, Michelle. And am sew glad I did! I LOVE baby quilts. Can I link more than one today?

Lynette said...

Oh! I'm glad I stopped back by your place. :) Fun to link up. And I really REALLY love your yellow & white scheme. Very nice!

Elaine said...

Thanks Michelle for visiting my blog. Love the baby quilts, I've joined the linky party! ; )

Denise :) said...

Oh Michelle, I really, really like this in yellow, too -- how pretty!! :)

Glinda ♥ said...

I'm always drawn to pinks (not enough boys in my life!) but this yellow is so bright and refreshing ... Hmmmm, I feel a yellow and pink quilt coming on ... :D

Bonnie said...

I love it! It's such a simple design but has such an impact. I see this one in my future... :o)

Denise :) said...

I was looking for ideas for baby quilts the other day and I knew right where to go! I love this one! I'm making a smaller version in pink (I've just finished cutting all my squares) for a friend, but I'd love to make it *exactly* as it is for my sister's new baby. My sister's name is Laura -- so I think it's destiny that her darling little Leisl (who was born three weeks ago and is a downs syndrome baby) should be wrapped in this! Plus Leisl is just a ray of sunshine -- so perfect in the yellow! I wanted to ask you, though, how many different yellows did you use? And was your white a bright white? I used the Kona white for the pink one, and I really like the contrast there. Thanks for sharing these sweet patterns with us!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails