Friday, November 01, 2013

Cheddar Bow Tie Update

Jo and Nell issued a challenge to pull out a Quiltville WIP and finish the top before Bonnie's new mystery starts on Thanksgiving, and I pulled out my cheddar bow ties.


This week, I found 12 bow ties that weren't in the original count and pieced 22 more. That brings my total to 262 out of 400. And means that I need to dig out some scraps and start cutting! 


We were away from home for four days this week and I started thinking that I should have pulled out my scrappy Irish Chain instead. That one is a gift so it has a vague sense of deadline to it, and it needs fewer blocks to finish it. Then the crazy voices start whispering to me and I start thinking that maybe I should dig it out and try to finish them both this month...

4 comments:

Regina said...

Are you doing these all out of different fabric? I am at 168 of my 365 bow-tie project - but I do have some duplicates in there. I just found out a friend has popped an envelope of scraps in the mail to me - so I will have some new fabrics to add to the mix. I am using all white instead of the cheddar -but I love how yours is turning out!!!

Andee said...

The month is young, you can do it! Love the bow ties. Mine is done and waiting for a turn to be quilted. I never stop tiring at all the different fabrics in these!

Terry Johnson said...

Your bow ties are yummy. Maybe you can work on both quilts, using the leader and enders method. Go for it!

Jo said...

It's hard when a person has more than one to choose. I just chose the one on top. That made it easy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails