Thursday, March 06, 2014

Trying to work up my nerve..


This is a kinda sad attempt at Swirls and Twirls from the Inbox Jaunt. I'm not happy with it, but I zig-zagged the edges and I figure it'll make a usable mug rug until I have enough nice ones.

If you haven't seen Lori's blog yet, she has a whole amazing slew of free motion quilting tutorials. This is the kind of quilting I want to do. All of those gorgeous borders -- that's what I want to do with the baby bird quilt from earlier this week.

That's why I've got four unquilted baby quilt tops sitting here. I'm resisting the temptation to just do my usual meander.

4 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

I know we're all full of advice, so here's my two cents. Practice on one 12 inch square a day. Doing the same designs, keep them and label them with a date, you'll see your progress. That's what I did and it seemed to help. After I felt confident enough to quilt a quilt I used the 12 inch squares for dust rags and swiffer replacements. Good luck!

InkkReviews said...

wow that was done by free handing it.. I'm impressed, i know you are trying to become more consistent but its only a matter of time! I highly doubt i could do anywhere near that good! - Katie @ Inkk

InkkReviews said...

wow that was done by free handing it.. I'm impressed, i know you are trying to become more consistent but its only a matter of time! I highly doubt i could do anywhere near that good! - Katie @ Inkk

Haze said...

That's actually pretty impressive to me! I'm only just learning to sew, and all I can do right now is a basic straight stitch. (I don't know the stitch names!) Maybe one day, after doing lots and lots of straight stitches, I'll start a quilting project. Keep practicing, you're only going to get better at it! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails