Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Meet Glenn!

After Trevor and Jonah, I was hoping I'd have enough blue sheet left over for the background of this quilt. There was plenty, with enough left over to bind something else.



My quick rummage through the sewing room for yellow tone on tone fabrics didn't turn up as many as I wanted, so I used some pieces with the wrong sides facing up to add more variety. Then, as soon as the top was done, I found the rest of those yellows.

The backing is left over from the piece I used for Laura.


The pattern is Buzz. You can find it, and all of the other free Let's Make Baby Quilts! patterns, over on the sidebar. The quilt is on its way to the local birthing center. Are you participating in 100 Quilts for Kids this year? It's a great source of inspiration and motivation.

For more finishes, check out  Sew Much AdoFinish it Up FridayCan I get a Whoop Whoop? , and Freedom FridaysWonderful at Home, and Inspired Friday.

4 comments:

Jayne said...

I love the color combination! The stars are perfet against the blue!

Mari said...

Very striking quilt. It looks very happy! Just lovely.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Very nicely done - blue and yellow is a never-fail combo!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for donating this cute quilt as part of 100 Quilts for Kids. I'd love it if you'd use the button for the event or otherwise mention 100 Quilts for Kids in your post to help spread the word and encourage others to participate.

Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails