Saturday, January 03, 2015

New Knitting Needles!

I was so thrilled to get these for Christmas!


I already owned two full sets of the Harmony 6" dpns, but I've been coveting a set of Sunstruck, which is a paler version of the same needles. Dark yarns don't show up well on the Harmony needles. 
See the difference? It's even more noticeable in my knitting corner in the dead of night. 


 I've been making do with a couple of sets I bought at the LYS when Judy did her Pooling Sock Yarn Challenge a couple of years ago,but those aren't not nearly as nice to work with. The points aren't as sharp and the needles themselves aren't as smooth.

Sometimes it's hard to decide whether to keep making do with what you've got on hand or go out and get something that will work better. I'm so glad my mom made the decision for me and bought me these for Christmas!

2 comments:

harknessangels said...

Beautiful needles! What a lovely gift!

Dar said...

What a great gift. I too received knitting needles for Christmas. Can't wait to try them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails