Wednesday, April 29, 2015

{Yarn Along} Leftover Socks

With all of the socks I've been knitting over the past couple of years, I've got plenty of leftover bits of yarn. Not enough of any one colorway for an adult pair...and I don't have any little feet to knit for... But these two looked like they'd play decently together. 


That's the leftover yarn from my Mellow Stripe Socks and my Lemon Drop Socks. I thought it would be the yellow that pulled the two yarns together, but it's actually the green that makes it look like I didn't grab two skeins at complete random. They're not matchy-matchy perfect, but they work.




Antiques Swap by Barbara Allan is the first Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery I've read and it was so much fun that I've already got the first two books in the series sitting here and ready to read. The murder mystery is intriguing and kept me guessing, but it's Brandy and her mom and their writing style that kept me turning pages. Because they're writing the book and making sure that the reader knows exactly how to get caught up. If they refer to a previous event, they let you know which book it happened in. So even though I jumped in with the tenth book, I wasn't feeling lost, just eager to backtrack and read the rest of the series.



When a man inherits a house from a cousin and finds a dead rat under the refrigerator with a note in its mouth, that sets him off following a creepy game of puzzles and hidden clues, wondering the whole time whether his cousin set it all up before his suicide, or if there's something more sinister going on. Mortom by Erik Therme pulled in in quickly and kept me reading, but it's just an average thriller.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.


  Disclosure - The publishers provided me with ARCs.

6 comments:

momto5 said...

those colorways look great together. those are going to be some lovely socks. <3

Shirley-Ann said...

You've matched those colourways really well! What pretty, cheerful socks.

Dar said...

I like what you are doing with your combined sock yarns. I don't have any leftover yarns that are that well suited to combine them, but I may do it anyway and just not show anyone my feet on the days that I wear them!!

Donna said...

Your sock looks so cool. I would never have guessed that you are using leftover yarn!

Unknown said...

they look fab, and not really like left over socks at all! Handy to have colours that compliment each other so well

Judy S. said...

Fun socks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails