Sunday, May 03, 2015

Stocking Up on the Self Striping Stuff


In the year and a half since the accident, I've knit twenty-four pairs of socks, most of them with self-striping sock yarn that's been aging in my stash since I first fell in love with the idea of sock knitting. 
I've still got plenty of sock yarn to play with, but most of the self-striping stuff has been converted into striped socks. I've been waiting for Serenity Sock from Joann's to go on sale.

This time, I did my homework, checking to see what the yarn would look like as a sock so there shouldn't be any unpleasant surprises when I start knitting.

It puts me a little bit in the red for the year, but I don't think that'll last for long. 

Weekly Stash Report 

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 0 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 41 yards
Net Added for 2015: 38 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2800 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 1610 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 3675 yards
Net Added for 2015:  875 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times

3 comments:

Kate said...

Very pretty yarns. Those should make some pretty socks.

Judy S. said...

Nice, I especially like the one in the very middle. I see lots of sock-knitting in your future!

Dar said...

You've just unleashed a problem in my stash. I've quit buying fabric, but now am hooked on sock yarn too. Must head on over to check out our JoAnn's. Didn't know they ever had sale on this type of self striping yarn. Thanks for the tip -- I think. lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails