Monday, August 03, 2015

New Life for an Old Project?

When I learned to sew, it was to make clothing. For a few years, I made a lot of clothing. Including this --


Before you laugh, please keep in mind that I was sixteen and it seemed like a good idea at the time. And look at the construction details. That baby has a dozen buttonholes. It's got boning. It's got top-stitching. I never did wear it, because the cup size was a little off, but I made the thing.

Now that I've unearthed it from the sewing room again, I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to turn it into a bag. It seems like the best way would be to sew a flat bottomed bag and fasten it to the inside with hand-stitching.

Wouldn't that be fun to store yarn in?

3 comments:

Dar said...

That would be the BEST idea and so cute too. You may start a fad and every knitter will want to have one. I think I see a new business venture on your horizon!

Terri in BC said...

That's an awesome idea! I'd love to see the final result!

Judy S. said...

New life for an interesting project! I used to sew a lot of clothes also when our girls were young, but you just can't save $ anymore doing that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails