Wednesday, September 09, 2015

{Yarn Along} Jo's Pink Socks


Actually they're my socks, but I knitted them with the yarn that Jo sent me and they need a name so I can keep my finishes straight. This yarn is wonderful to work with, but I don't think knitters who want their stripes to match up would enjoy it. That's a LONG repeat! 

As soon as I was done with the pink pair, I cast on with the next skein. 


Along with the knitting, I've been reading...

The Child Garden by Catriona McPherson intrigued me with its cover description of an "alternative school for happy children" that closed in disgrace, but the most interesting bits (a rocking stone that supposedly holds the devil trapped inside and cursed bridges) are hidden in the pages of the book. The former school is now a care home and Gloria Harkness lives in a small cottage on the grounds, close enough to look in on her fifteen-year-old son, who is a patient there, every evening. When a childhood friend appears on her doorstep and asks for her help, Gloria is quick to offer it because she fears for her son's future if  the murder on the grounds causes problems for the care home. The students who attended the alternative school thirty years ago have been dying one by one over the years, the most recent in a small building on the grounds. I didn't love this book, mostly because I couldn't get myself to like Gloria all that much.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.

    

Disclosure -- the publishers provided me with ARCs.

2 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

Great socks - I love the fact they don't match.

Jo said...

love the socks!!..I know nothing about yarn so was so unsure if you'd actually like the yarn or what quality it was!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails