Monday, October 05, 2015

The Buttonhole Stitch Makes a Huge Difference


When I was planning this project in my head, I thought I'd use tan thread for the buttonhole stitch, but the pink fabric didn't have enough contrast against the background.  It turned out that black gives the outline just enough pop to make me happy.

vintage embroidery pattern to applique

I still haven't figured out what to do about the other details. My original plan for the ears didn't work, so I'll be cutting and fusing them once I figure out what I want to do. I'm definitely leaving off the bow...and I think I'll skip the stitched seams down the front of the legs.

This post is linked to Design Wall Monday.

3 comments:

Libby in TN said...

The black stitching looks great. I think the seam line stitching would make it look like the stuffed animal it really is. Just sayin'

Libby in TN said...

The black stitching looks great. I think the seam line stitching would make it look like the stuffed animal it really is. Just sayin'

Jo said...

Cute...Awesome work on your kitty cat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails