Saturday, November 07, 2015

How to Knit Socks That Fit




How to Knit Socks That Fit: Techniques for Toe-Up and Cuff-Down Styles by Donna Druchunas covers several different techniques -- double pointed needles, magic loop, two circulars, one short circular needle, and knitting two socks at one time, although I don't think I could learn magic loop or two circulars from the short descriptions the author gives.   There's a basic sock pattern with children's and adult sizes, a section with some different heels and toes, and a stitch library with ten different types of ribbing. What the book doesn't contain are any photographs. The line drawings are effective for illustrating how to distribute stitches on the needles and the parts of a sock, but I found it difficult to visualize the ribbing patterns included in the stitch library. This is a dry book that gives you the basics of sock knitting, without any extra eye candy.

Disclosure - The publisher provided me with an ARC.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Michelle, I love your book reviews. It has caused me to purchase a book or two that I wouldn't have otherwise considered. I have to add that Donna Druchunas' craftsy classes are quite good and I've used them to make my first, 2nd and third pair of socks. Maybe this would be a nice addition to her classes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails