Sunday, July 10, 2016

It's Definitely an Experience!

When we were in Colorado and I called my mom to tell her about the hotel and that amazing elevator she asked if I wanted to do the Row by Row Experience with her. I had no idea what she was talking about and I've got a lot going on already, so I responded with a kind of vague "I'll look it up when we get home."

Then we got home and I looked it up. Then I stopped at the first quilt shop, which happened to be closed, and saw their row by row quilt from last year hanging in the window and now I'm totally hooked. I dragged my boys to ten quilt shops this week, seven on one day.


If I'm counting right, there are eighty-nine participating shops in Oregon alone. I've already done the ones that are closest to home and I'm not sure how many more I can get to, but I've already got more than enough patterns for a quilt.  And some of them are absolutely fantastic -- do you see Sasquatch in the upper right hand corner?

My only problem is that it's impossible not to see rows from other impossible-to-get-to places and fall in love with them. A shop in North Carolina has possums on their row!  One of my younger sons aspires to be a wildlife rehabilitator an is more than a little obsessed with possums. I need that row.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 5 1/2 yards
Fabric added this week:  1 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 13 yards (+2 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 7 1/2 yards

Yarn used this Week: 400  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 3950 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 5526 yards
Net added for 2016: 1576 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

10 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

The Row by Rows are fun. You can contact the shop in North Carolina and in November when the Row by Row ends perhaps they will be willing to sell you the pattern or even their kit. I did a couple last year from shops which were closed when I was traveling.

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the explanation of this! Have you been to Center Diamond in Cannon Beach? I love that shop.

Joy D. said...

Which shop/location in NC? I'll be there in a couple of weeks, and if I am close, I can pick one up and mail it to you.

Grammieto2 said...

that is what i love about quilters always willing to help.

Libby in TN said...

I just returned from vacation where I picked up 7 or 8 (I lost count) license plates and patterns in 5 different states. I got duplicates for a friend, too. Some of the rows are really unique but I'm not sure if I'm going to make them. I will, however, try to do something with the plates. One shop had already run out of her initial order so she promised to mail to me.

Anonymous said...

Ditto on Joy's question. I'll be hitting some of the western NC shops in August. I looked through the NC rows and didn't see a possom. And most of the shops are going to sell their rows, some even taking pre-orders now, so they know how many kits to make. I know I'm ordering both rows, and the tree trunk filler, from the shop in Cary, NC!

Anonymous said...

Very funny on the NC row. Can you believe someone turned in a finished quilt the second week of the row by row at my LQS? The quilt was bed size too.
In my 20 years of quilting I've never done a shop hop. Maybe next year.

Jo said...

Let me know if there's something around me that you want. I'll happily pick it up.

Michelle said...

The possums are at Valleytown Quilt Shop in Andrews, NC. I'd send emails to the gals who offered to pick it up for me, but you're both no-reply bloggers. :-(

Nancy said...

Craft Warehouse has a different pattern for each store location. I like the one from Gresham. It has a Sasquatch. Fabric Depot has some roses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails