Sunday, December 11, 2016

This Might Be Better Than Christmas Presents...

I am absolutely giddy! A little over a week ago, Ila left a comment that she had some zippers that would like to come stay at my house. Of course I accepted her wonderful offer and when the box got here it was absolutely stuffed with zippers and other vintage sewing notions. 


There are a ton of zippers in all sorts of lengths and colors, with metal teeth and plastic teeth. If I ever decide to replace the zipper in a backpack, I've probably got the kind to do it with. (But don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen!)  Along with the zippers came bias tape and lace seam binding and all sorts of other goodies. That Holly Hobby looks like she's from the same fabric as my childhood bedspread.

I came up with so many ideas while sorting through all of this!



 Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 7 1/4 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 30 1/4 yards (+4 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 23 yards

Yarn used this Week:  400  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 7550 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 9518 yards
Net added for 2016: 1968 yards

4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Lucky Girl! I'm still trying to get up the courage to put a zipper in a pouch. I've done it in clothing but I think the smaller scale is intimidating.

Meloney said...

Fun, Fun, fun.
I went to an estate sale awhile ago and bought a bag of $1.00 that looked like that.
I'm still using the zippers up. I don't do many things with zippers, if I can help it.

Jo said...

How fun. Love the video!!

Terri in BC said...

Looks like the box of notions I inherited from my mom! So much fun to dig through, and use some of the stuff in current projects!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails