Sunday, September 03, 2017

Lazy Little Roses

It seems like every time I bind off a new pair of socks,  they become my favorite. I'm not going to apologize for that because it means I've got a bunch of socks that I absolutely love and that is definitely not a bad thing! 

These are my Lazy Little Roses...

 Pattern: Lazy Lace Socks, modified and combined with  Little Roses 
Yarn: Knitpicks Hawthorne, Belmont 

The plan was to cast on a pair of socks and work on them until the first Super Scary Sock pattern was released on September 1. I wanted something easy, something that I wouldn't abandon forever if I got caught up in Scary Socks (which is the goal), but not something so easy that I'd hate working on it if I didn't like the first Scary Sock pattern and had to wait another ten days. I wanted to knit it from something in my DIY sampler that didn't seem appropriate for horror movie inspired socks....

That left me with the Hawthorne Belmont. Little Roses was in my Ravelry queue and looked like a good match for the yarn, but I wasn't sure I wanted to do an allover lace pattern... so I lifted one column of flowers and plugged it into Lazy Lace Socks.

I can't even tell you how much fun these were to knit. I love the color, and the little flowers were way easier than I expected them to be. I'll definitely go back and knit the pattern as written. Or closer to as written. 


Six days of knitting while doing other things. And it wasn't even six full days of knitting while doing other things.

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

Darling. Love the color of your yarn.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails