Sunday, October 22, 2017

Ten Skeins of Embroidery Floss

You know how sometimes you see a project and need to start it right that second?  A couple of days ago, I stumbled across one of those. I've been limiting myself to one cross-stitch project at a time, but this one only uses ten colors and should be a quick stitch and I want to do it right now.  


The plan was to pick up the floss at Walmart so I could start working on it Wednesday night. I knew their selection of DMC was limited, but they didn't have a single one of the colors the pattern calls for. We got home and I dug through the sewing room. I've got hundreds of skeins of floss, but only five of the colors I needed.

This isn't a project that's going to allow for substitutions.

Friday, I made time to stop at Joann's and picked up the last of the colors. This whole thing was a lot more work than it should have been, just to pull the floss together. But I'm still excited about it.

1 comment:

Libby in TN said...

Elegant color combo. I bet it's going to be very serene.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails