Tuesday, February 20, 2018

{Thrift Shop Temptations} Vintage Needlework

Look, it's needlepoint! I'd absolutely love it except for the frame and mat and glass. Glass over needlework is one of my least favorite things.  And my budget is going, for the most part, towards things I can stitch for myself not things that someone else already made. 

Hopefully this will find a good home and a new frame. 


On the way back from the Frontier Heritage Fair on Saturday, the boys wanted to grab a pizza. Little Caesars shares a parking lot with a thrift shop, so I was more than agreeable.

And I'm glad I was! Just look at these little girls and their hair...


Judging by the price tags, these kits have been in a couple of different stashes. One was priced at $2.99 from Goodwill, ninety-nine cents from Goodwill, and $1.99 from the store where I found it. I'm sure there's some kind of logic at work there with that pricing.


You can't tell from the pictures, but I was actually picky this time. Half of the kits are still at the store waiting for another stitcher to love them. 


I would have looked for more neat stuff to get pictures of, but my phone was insisting that it was full and couldn't take more pictures, and I already had my basket full of these goodies. They wound up averaging $1.55 a kit, so I left the store a very happy stitcher.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails